|Biloela, Queensland, Australia|
|Wind (Kph) : 9|
|Humidity (%) : 55|
|Wind Directions : SW|
|Wind (Kph) : 12|
|Humidity (%) : 44|
|Wind Directions : SSW|
*** Media Release No 6 - General Update ***
MEDIA RELEASE No 6
Banana Shire Council
31 March 2017 8.30am
BANANA SHIRE LOCAL DISASTER COORDINATION CENTRE
The Local Disaster Management Group met this morning at 7.00am and continues to monitor river and creek systems throughout the Shire. At the moment, the main focus is in the body of water located in the Callide and Kroombit creeks surrounding Jambin.
SunWater are continuing to monitor water storage levels in the Callide Dam and Kroombit Dam.
The Local Disaster Management Group will be meeting again today at 4:00pm for further updates.
Whilst water levels on our road network have receded overnight; the closed roads will not be opening until they have been assessed and deemed safe.
Please note the below information regarding road restrictions (closures, load limits etc.) within Banana Shire Region as at 7:37am Friday, 31 March 2017
Banana Shire (Local Controlled) Roads – OPEN
• Theodore Moura Road
• Valentine Plains Road – Biloela –at the cemetery
• Banana Baralaba Road
• Baileys Lane
Banana Shire (Local Controlled) Roads – CLOSED
• Aerodrome Road – Thangool
• Barfield Road - Banana
• Belldeen Greycliffe Road – Orange Creek
• Cocks Millard Road – Thangool
• Coreen Water Board Road - between Biloela and Jambin
• Crowsdale Camboon Road – Prospect Creek near Torsdale
• Dixalea Deeford Road – Dee River
• Eichmanns Road – Thangool
• Gibihi Road - Moura
• Goovigen – Rannes Road
• Goovigen – Connection Road – “T” holes Creek
• Harchs Road – between Biloela and Jambin
• Jambin Dakenba – Biloela
• Jambin – Goovigen Road
• Kokotungo Don River Road
• Meissners Road – closed at Browns Gully and Kroombit Creek
• Mullers Road – Thangool
• Pattersons Road – Goovigen
• Parkers Lane – Thangool
• Prospect Creek Goovigen Road – Goovigen
• Saras Lane – Biloela
• Tomlins Road – Smokey Creek
• Tollemaches Road – Thangool
• Hodgetts Road
• Moura Baralaba Road – Banana Creek
• Kokotungo Don River Road
Banana Shire (State Controlled) Roads – CLOSED
• Dawson Highway - Banana to Moura closed at Banana Creek
• Dawson Highway - Biloela to Banana closed at Prospect creek and Kroombit Creek
• Dawson Highway – Biloela to Prospect – closed at the Biloela Caravan Park
• Dawson Highway - Biloela to Gladstone - is closed at Sheep Station Creek
• Duaringa – Biloela Road at Don River
• Burnett Highway – Biloela to Rockhampton - is closed at Alma Creek and Box Camp Lagoon and Dee River
• Burnett Highway – Monto to Biloela – Various Locations
• Leichhardt Highway - 26A Theodore to Westwood – various locations
• Roma – Taroom Road – closed at chainage 101 to 112 – Pickadoo to Hornet Bank Road
Banana Shire (State Controlled) Roads – Open with CAUTION
• Fitzroy Developmental Road – open for 4WD’s only
PLEASE NOTE – The above roads have been confirmed at the time of distribution, however not all roads can be assessed due to accessibility issues.
Regular updated information will be provided to the community via the Banana Shire Council website, Facebook and Media Releases.
For information on the road network, please visit https://qldtraffic.qld.gov.au/
Banana Shire Local Disaster Coordination centre can be contacted on 4992 4027 or 4992 3511 and you can FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK “Banana Shire Disaster Management Information” or Banana Shire Council www.banana.qld.gov.au
Further information about the impending weather can be found at www.bom.gov.au
Banana Shire Council www.banana.qld.gov.au
For life threatening issues, phone 000.
For flood/storm emergencies, phone SES on 132 500.
Next Media Release with further updated information will be due 31st March at 1.00pm.
IF IT’S FLOODED – FORGET IT!
MEDIA NOTE: For further information or media comment, contact Mayor Nev Ferrier on 4992 9500 or 0448 011 814.