Who can join?
Free membership is open to Queensland residents.
Temporary membership (3 months) is available to non-residents of Queensland for a refundable fee of $30.00 per borrower. If you are staying in the Shire for more than 3 months you can renew your membership once more for 3 months. The refundable fee must be claimed upon cessation of membership, prior to leaving the Shire.
How To Join
People applying for membership to Banana Shire Library Service need to:
- Go to one of the Banana Shire Library locations.
- Produce one form of identification showing their current residential Address, for example a current driver's licence or telephone account.
- Complete an application form.
- For children and young people under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must provide the above identification, as well as a Medicare card or similar with the child's name on it.
Your application will be processed and you will receive a library membership card. You may start using the library service immediately.
For children to become members of the library a parent or guardian, who qualifies for adult membership, must request membership on their behalf.
Members of Banana Shire Library Service:
- Present their library membership card when borrowing
- May borrow up to 20 items at any one time.
- Have items for a three-week loan period. Extended loan periods can be requested.
- May renew their items, by phone or in person, for a further three weeks provided that, the items have not been requested by another borrower.
- Are limited to 4 CDs and 4 DVDs at a time, due to the size of the collection.
Fines accrue on overdue items at a rate of 10 cents per item per day.