Department of Communities (Qld)

- 1800 173 349

Department of Human Services (Centrelink) 

180 22 66

Department of Agriculture & Fisheries (Qld)

- 13 25 23




Residents who have experienced damage to property and/or infrastructure are urged to make contact with Council. This information gathered will be used to properly assess the damage across the Shire and determine potential funding eligibility. This is not an official claim form.

This information is required as soon as possible after you have been able to regain access to your property. We do understand some residents may be unable to assess their properties due to ongoing flooding.
Please complete the form below as soon as possible and return to Banana Shire Council


Fax: 49923493

Phone: Local Disaster Coordination Centre 7.00am – 5.00pm 4992 3511 or 4992 4027

Or return to our customer service staff at the Biloela Administration Complex on 62 Valentine Plains Rd, Biloela.





Please refer to the Fact Sheet - DISASTER RECOVERY ALLOWANCE



See Centrelink's website for more information:

About the Disaster Recovery Payment

The Disaster Recovery Payment is a one-off payment to assist you if you have been adversely affected by a disaster.

If you are eligible you will receive:

  • $1000 per adult

  • $400 for each child (under 16 years of age)

You have until 21 August 2015 to lodge a claim.


You may be eligible to receive the Disaster Recovery Payment if you meet all the following criteria:

  • you are an Australian resident

  • you are 16 years or older or are receiving a social security payment

  • you have not already received a Disaster Recovery Payment for Tropical Cyclone Marcia in Queensland in 2015

  • you have experienced one or more of the following:

    • you have been seriously injured

    • you are the immediate family member of an Australian who died as a direct result of Tropical Cylone Marcia

    • your principal place of residence has been destroyed or has sustained major damage

    • you are the principal carer of a dependent child who has experienced any of the above

For the purpose of this payment:

  • your principal place of residence is the main place where you have a right or licence to normally reside. It does not include holiday homes

  • you are a principal carer of a child if the child is your dependent and has not turned 16. The principal carer must have legal responsibility for the day-to-day care, welfare and development of the child

Elements that constitute a principal place of residence have suffered “major damage” when, as a direct result of the disaster:

  •      at least one-quarter of the interior of the residence has been affected by the disaster, including by debris, wind or water; or
  •      the residence has been declared structurally unsound as supported by evidence; or
  •      the residence has been breached, exposing at least one-quarter of the interior of the residence to the elements; or
  •      the interior of the residence has experienced sewerage contamination. 



See DOCS website for more information:

National Disaster Recovery and Relief Arrangements (NDRRA) have been activated in the local government areas of Rockhampton, Livingstone and Banana.

Immediate Hardship Assistance and support services are now available to residents who live in those areas and have been directly affected by Tropical Cyclone Marcia.

This assistance is available as a contribution to support people directly impacted by a disaster to meet their immediate essential needs for food, clothing, medical supplies or temporary accommodation.

To be eligible, you must meet all of the following criteria:

  • live or are stranded in the targeted activation zone

  • be unable to meet your immediate essential needs or seek support from family or friends

  • be directly impacted by the disaster through one or more of the following:
    - direct physical damage to your home
    - loss of essential contents
    - isolation from your home for more than 48 hours.

Subject to these criteria, applicants may receive $180 per person up to $900 for a family of five or more. Other assistance may also be available.

At this time, the Queensland Government is focusing recovery efforts on the families who can’t live in their homes due to damage from TC Marcia.

Teams of outreach workers are preparing to visit residents in the worst-hit areas.

People are asked to make the Community Recovery Hotline 1800 173 349 their first port of call.

They can also download the Self Recovery app, or go to for further information.




Please refer to the Deptartment's website for more information and application forms: 

Standard Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA) Category B assistance has been activated from 23 February 2015, for primary producers in the following Shires:

  • Banana Shire Council
  • Livingstone Shire Council
  • North Burnett Regional Council
  • Rockhampton Regional Council

Category B assistance provides freight subsidies of up to $5,000 per property for the movement of materials to assist in recovery such as emergency fodder, building materials, fuel and water. These freight subsides are available through DAF.

Eligible primary producers can also access concessional loans from QRAA of up to $250,000 at an interest rate of 1.92%. For more information, contact QRAA on 1800 623 946.

For other recovery assistance and information, please visit the Queensland Governments business and industry portal.

Freight subsidies

Freight subsidies of up to $5,000 per disaster event are available for eligible primary producers located within a disaster-declared area under NDRRA, or where a primary producer has a current Individual Disaster Stricken Property (IDSP) declaration.

Freight subsidies may be made available for movement of materials such as:

  • emergency fodder for livestock to the primary producer's home property
  • building, fencing materials, machinery and equipment movements
  • animals purchased for restocking as a result of the event
  • produce to market from the primary producer's home property (subsidies do not apply to small business)
  • fuel.

Note: A 'primary producer' is a person who spends the majority of their labour on, and derives the majority of their income from, a primary production enterprise.