REGIONAL ARTS DEVELOPMENT FUND (RADF)
The Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF) is delivered as a partnership between the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland and Banana Shire Council.
RADF promotes the role and value of arts, culture and heritage as key drivers of diverse and inclusive communities and strong regions. RADF invests in local arts and cultural priorities as determined by local communities.
UPDATED 2017-18 RADF FUNDING INFORMATION TO COMING SOON
INDIVIDUAL PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT GRANTS
Objective: To nurture the creative and talented individuals in the Banana Shire and encourage growth in their practice.
These grants are to support individual professional and emerging artists or arts and cultural workers living in the Banana Shire to undertake professional development activities located within Australia. These activities will support the participant to grow and excel in their chosen field of practice.
Activities could include, but are not limited to:
- Attendance to professional development seminars, conferences, master classes or workshops
- Mentorships or organised activities with industry professionals
- Placements with recognised arts and cultural organisations
- Travel, accommodation and associated costs with attending your activity
Grant Amount: $500 or $1000
COMMUNITY PROJECT GRANTS
Objective: To display the creative spirit within the community.
RADF grants are available to eligible individuals, groups and organisations, the funding categories below outline the eligible activities and projects. Your application must align with one of these categories.
1. Supporting our Community
Objective: To support and strengthen the cultural capacity of our community.
2. Local Storytelling
Objective: To facilitate and support local storytelling and encourage the display and celebration of the diversity within our community.
3. Visible Cultural Life
Objective: To showcase the creative spirit of our community and encourage cultural tourism.
4. Small Towns, Big Ideas
Objective: To foster significant arts and cultural ideas and help them move towards reality
Grant Amount: up to $2000
ARTiZ PUBLIC - CONTEMPORARY STREET ART PROGRAM TOOWOOMBA
Banana Shire Council is proud to sponsor Biloela State High School student Rebecca Capton to attend the ARTiZ PUBLIC Contemporary Street Art Program held in Toowoomba during September 2017.
Click the link for find more information about our A Tribute to Modern Pioneers project
RADF ASSESSMENT PANEL
The Banana Shire Council invites community members to jon the RADF Assessment Panel. Applications are assessed via an online process following each grant round. Download an application form in the panel to the right or contact the RLO for more information.
RADF in the Banana Shire operates with a combination of RADF grants and strategic initiatives developed by Council in response to the following local arts and culture priorities:
Priority 1: Celebrate Creative Life of the Banana Shire
- Support a wide variety of artforms and activities with particular focus on adding value to existing arts and cultural events and festivals
- Encourage local artists, artsworkers, groups and organisations
- Encourage collaboration and building of partnerships and inclusive/accessible arts and cultural activities.
Priority 2: Young People
- Support inclusive arts and culture which foster the diverse groups within our community and build new audiences, particularly with focus on encouraging arts and cultural activities by, with and for young people (13-30 years).
Priority 3: Display of Creative Spirit Within the Community
- Encourage activities which strengthen community pride and liveability of our towns
- Encourage public display of local stories, community spirit and celebration of our diverse communities through public art and placemaking
- Increase the number and quality of arts and cultural activities and opportunities.
Touring exhibition A Sense of Wonder was funded through the Regional Arts Development Fund.
|RADF Liaison Officer (RLO): Shanna Muston|
|Post||Banana Shire Council |
PO Box 412
BILOELA QLD 4715
|Phone||(07) 4992 9500|
|In Person||Banana Shire Regional Art Gallery |
62 Valentine Plains Road
To ensure availability call or email to make an appointment
|Join the Mailing List||To receive RADF updates and Arts and Culture News in the Banana Shire, email email@example.com and state you would like to be added to the Arts and Culture Mailing List.|
RADF Committee Unconfirmed Minutes 14.3.15
Unconfirmed RADF Committee Minutes 14.3.16
RADF Committee Unconfirmed Minutes 9.11.15
RADF Committee Annual General Meeting Minutes 13.7.15