A planning scheme provides future direction and guides the way development occurs in a local government area. They can help Council to:
- ensure that there is enough land available for housing, parks, community facilities, industry and business uses
- ensure that incompatible land uses do not impact on one another
- ensure development is designed and carried out appropriately
- protect resources such as waterways, vegetation and agricultural land
- provide more efficient infrastructure such as water, sewerage and road networks
Town Planning Scheme
Banana Shire Planning Scheme 2021
On 23 June 2021, Council resolved to adopt the Banana Shire Planning Scheme 2021 in accordance with Chapter 2 Part 4 of the Ministers Guidelines and Rules 2017. This replaces the Banana Shire Planning Scheme 2005 and the Taroom Shire Planning Scheme 2005 and has affect from 1 July 2021.
To view an individual property zone and overlay details click here.
Charges Resolution (No. 1) 2015
On 24 June 2015, Council resolved to adopt Charges Resolution (No. 1) 2015 in accordance with section 630 of the Sustainable Planning Act 2009. This replaces Adopted Infrastructure Charges Resolution (No. 1) 2013 and has effect on and from 29 June 2015 (day stated in the resolution).
Adopted Infrastructure Charges Resolution (No. 1) 2013
On 5 March 2013, Council made Adopted Infrastructure Charges Resolution (Version No. 1) 2013. The Adopted Infrastructure Charges Resolution (No. 1) 2013 was advertised on 11 April 2013 in the Chinchilla News and on 12 April 2013 in the Central Telegraph newspapers.
Local and State Heritage Register
Superseded Planning Schemes
2005 Banana Planning Scheme
- Banana Shire Planning Scheme Alignment Amendment includes LGIP
- TLPI 01/2019 - Muirs Road Flood Hazard Mitigation
2005 Taroom Planning Scheme
Taroom Design Standards and Separation Distances
Taroom Planning Scheme Policies
Taroom Shire Scheme Maps
For any earlier superseded Planning Schemes or Infrastructure Chages Resoultion please Contact Council's planning and development department.