Join our Team!
In addition to conditions that are the envy of the private sector, we offer:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Unbeatable work/life balance
- Generous education and professional development support
You'll find links to the information packs for all currently advertised vacancies below (when available). Also see Expressions of Interest below regarding making a general "expression of interest."
Enquiries should be directed to the Human Resources Section by emailing email@example.com or by phoning (07) 4992 9500.
Current Job Vacancies
Compliance Officer (x2)
- Council is currently seeking suitable applicants to assist in administering matters of compliance for the regulatory functions throughout the Banana Shire. There are two vacant positions; one role is Full Time, Permanent and one role is Full Time, Maximum Term (Until 4 March 2022). For more information on the roles and to apply, visit this link! Applications close COB Wednesday 10 March 2021.
Media, Communications and Marketing Officer
- We have a great opportunity for a highly motivated media professional to enhance Council’s professional corporate image through consistent media liaison, communications and marketing. For more information and to apply, visit this link by COB Sunday 14 March 2021.
Work Health and Safety Business Partner
- Council is currently seeking applications for an experienced Work Health and Safety Professional. Along with being highly motivated and customer focused, the successful applicant will possess formal WHS qualifications or have relevant experience. Apply by COB Friday 5 March 2021.
Engineering Technical Advisor
- Council's Infrastructure Technology section is recruiting for a motivated and experienced Technical Advisor to join the team. If you hold an Associate Degree / Bachelor in Civil Engineering or have relevant experience, apply by COB Thursday 4 March 2021.
Plant Operator (Spare)
- We are currently seeking applications for a Spare Plant Operator. Based in Biloela, the successful candidate will possess a HC licence and have a high level of experience operating a range of heavy machinery. Submit your application by COB Monday 1 March 2021.
Principal Engineer - Design
Council has an exciting opportunity for a suitably experienced RPEQ qualified engineer to join the Infrastructure Technology section. The successful applicant will work alongside the Senior Design Coordinator to provide technical advice and strategies to internal and external customers on all aspects Councils infrastructure projects. Apply today!
- An exciting opportunity is currently available for a suitably qualified Engineering Surveyor to join the Infrastructure Technology Team. The successful applicant will require a C Class drivers licence and demonstrate a proficiency with engineering surveying equipment, in particular total station, GPS and levelling equipment. Apply today!
An exciting opportunity exists for an occupational therapist to join the team. Working with children, you'll be an integral part of Council during the life of a project. Apply here.
If you want to know more about these roles, please contact the Human Resources Team on 07 4992 9500.
Applications should be mailed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Banana Shire Council
PO Box 412
Biloela Qld 4715
Expressions of Interest
If you'd like to express your interest in a particular role with Council, let us know by downloading and completing the Application for Employment Form and returning it with a brief letter outlining the role you are interested in.
We'll keep your letter on file for 6 months and will contact you should a suitable vacancy occur.