Join our Team!
In addition to conditions that are the envy of the private sector, we offer:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Unbeatable work/life balance
- Generous education and professional development support
You'll find links to the information packs for all currently advertised vacancies below (when available). Also see Expressions of Interest below regarding making a general "expression of interest."
Enquiries should be directed to the Human Resources Section by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning (07) 4992 9500.
Current Job Vacancies
CQROC Executive Officer
- The Central Queensland Regional Organisation of Council (CQROC) is currently inviting applications for the role of Executive Officer. The successful candidate will have a comprehensive knowledge of local government and proven success in leading advocacy projects. To apply, please submit your application to Council by Tuesday 26 January 2021.
Treatment Plant Operator (Callide Valley)
- Based in Biloela, an opportunity exists for an experienced Treatment Plant Operator to join our Callide Valley team. The successful candidate will hold a Certificate III in Water Operations (or equivalent) and have several years experience in the treatment of water and/or wastewater. To apply, please submit your application to Council by Tuesday 19 January 2021.
Senior Library Services Coordinator
- Banana Shire Council has an exciting opportunity for a suitably experienced and motivated individual to coordinate Council’s Library and Information Services to the community within legislative requirements and Council policies. For more information and to apply for the role, visit this link by COB Monday 1 February 2021.
Coordinator - Aerodrome Operations (Maximum Term)
- We are inviting applications from an aviation leader to oversee the operation and compliance of Banana Shire Council’s six (6) aerodromes. To obtain an Information Package and apply for the role, visit this link by COB Monday 1 February 2021.
- An exciting opportunity is currently available for a suitably qualified Engineering Surveyor to join the Infrastructure Technology Team. The successful applicant will require a C Class drivers licence and demonstrate a proficiency with engineering surveying equipment, in particular total station, GPS and levelling equipment. Apply by COB Monday 1 February 2021.
Assistant Treatment Plant Operator (Dawson North)
- A new career awaits you in our Dawson North (based in Moura) Water and Wastewater Treatment Team. The successful applicant will require a C Class drivers licence and experience undertaking both manual and computer based tasks. Apply by COB Friday 29 January 2021.
An exciting opportunity exists for an occupational therapist to join the team. Working with children, you'll be an integral part of Council during the life of a project. Apply here.
If you want to know more about these roles, please contact the Human Resources Team on 07 4992 9500.
Applications should be mailed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Banana Shire Council
PO Box 412
Biloela Qld 4715
For other job opportunities within the Banana Shire please visit Biloela.Com
Expressions of Interest
If you'd like to express your interest in a particular role with Council, let us know by downloading and completing the Application for Employment Form and returning it with a brief letter outlining the role you are interested in.
We'll keep your letter on file for 6 months and will contact you should a suitable vacancy occur.