Community planning is about partnerships and the Banana Shire Community Plan aims to provide a focus for decisions and activities for the next ten years. Providing a leadership role as a part of the local community, the Banana Shire is committed to facilitating opportunities to involve all sections of the community in planning for the future.
Strategic plans have been developed for each of the twelve communities of the Banana Shire, along with an all encompassing shire wide plan. The Community Plan sits alongside Council's other strategic and operational planning documents. These plans all drive the Corporate Plan and influence the budget process.
Driving decision making and the budget process
Shire Wide Economic
Industry, Business & Infrastructure
|Town Planning Scheme||
10 Year Shire Wide
|Asset Management Plan|
Individual Planning for each town
Our Town - Town Plans, Economic Plans
4 Year Planning Cycle
A Community Plan:
- relies on community input
- states a shared vision for the future
- identifies key themes and areas for action
- provides information for planning and service delivery; corporate plans and budgets for government agencies, local community groups and other stakeholder groups
- includes a monitoring/review process
The Community Plan is a living document that is regularly reviewed to reflect the changing aspirations of our community.
Feedback and additions to the community plans can be submitted for consideration:
- via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- in writing addressed to:
- Banana Shire Council, Community Planning Team, PO Box 412, Biloela Q 4715.
"Looking To The Future": Banana Shire Community Plan 2017 - 2027
Place Based Community Plans