The library provides a number of services and collections for children of all ages.
- Storytime for Littlies
- It is held every Wednesday and Saturday at the Biloela Library from 10am. It gives pre-school age children and their parents the opportunity to listen to stories and enjoy craft activities. Storytime does not take place during school holidays.
- This is held every Thursday at Biloela Library from 10.00am. Designed for babies and toddlers, it provides an opportunity to develop literacy, numeracy and social behaviours from an early age.
- School holiday activities
- Activities are run during school holidays at Biloela library, and at branch libraries by request. Please enquire at your local branch library.
- Places are limited so book early on (07) 49927362.
- Materials Selection
- Library staff are available to assist children and parents in the selection of reading material and/or find information for school projects.
- School visits & Library tours
- School visits and tours of the Library are encouraged. Library staff appreciate at least a week's notice to allow time to prepare a relevant programme and to ensure staff are available.
- Tumblebooks: Online books, games, videos and Math stories for Kids
- Click on the Tumblebooks link here, enter you Library Membership card number, click submit and away you go! Please ask library staff should you require assistance.
- Junior Collection
- Books are available for ages 0 –12 years (board books, picture books, independent readers, junior fiction and junior non-fiction books), magazines, videos, DVDs, talking books, and games that can be used in the Library.
- Young Adult Collection
- Items are available for ages 12-18 (books, DVDs, Comics, talking books)
- Parent Collection
- Picture books are available to help parents to explain some sensitive issues to their children. Eg death, feelings, stranger danger. There is also a range of adult non fiction titles available on various aspects of parenting. They are located on the shelves at 649.1